Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving In to Online Shopping


I am not that much into shopping. Impulsive shopping is not in my vocabulary and will not trade a precious rest day just to spend it for window shopping even. When your salary is just enough for a family of nine, once you shop or visit a store, it is with the intention that you will be back to buy your purchase. That is how simple it is for me and my kids. We know the difference of needs and wants early on. We also take advantage of sales and discounts but not to the point of going our way to grab on any midnight sales. That is not how it works in our household where its main focus is on simple things and basic needs.

From time to time, I visit online stores just to look at the merchandise and ponder on the advantages of buying online. Accessibility and convenience are the major ones since you do not have to fall in line to check if the clothes or shoes that you are about to buy fit in, same thing when you look for a counter where the queue of customers are long. You do not have to spend money to get to the mall and suffer  that heavy traffic due to the holidays plus you are not tempted to buy more than what has originally been planned. On the downside, you have to set your expectations that the purchase you bought might not be tailor fit. But at the end of the day it is the novelty, the feeling of trustworthiness not only for your purchase but for the online store as well that will make you think twice if it is indeed smart to spend your hard earned money for an online purchase. That for me is the main reason why I am hesitant to try online shopping. But then no matter how novel the idea is, one should be open to change to get abreast with the times and move forward. And in order to do that, one should be brave enough to test the waters and take the plunge but not before getting informed.

I have heard  a lot of positive news about Zalora Philippines , their huge variety of products and brands that you can choose from, the ordering process, shipping and delivery where a minimal fee is charged for orders above 1000 Php and more importantly, the Cash On Delivery  option to pay for your purchase on authorized payment centers for customers who do not have credit or debit cards. What more, they now have an ongoing advocacy to Shop for a Cause where 10% of all sales from selected Zalora items will be donated to foundations and charities supporting the relief effort for Typhoon Yolanda.






That being said, I can't wait for my 13th month pay to arrive. I deserve to have a new set of work out clothes anyway and I already have my eyes set on that sports bra and running shorts. I might even be tempted to buy an extra set just in case. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment