Thursday, May 15, 2014

X-Men : Days of Future Past

If you will be given the chance  to correct your past so you can save the future, what will it be ?  Such question will make one stop and ponder a bit on the things and decisions hurriedly done only to regret them years later . 

I am not an exception . 

There had been a lot of things that I wished I could have taken back. Pursuing my love for writing and making a career out of it, engaging in outdoor sports, learning how to handle my finances and making wise decisions in investing for a house, life insurance and my kids' future, finding time to do the things I love like traveling, watching concerts, being active in noteworthy causes  and spending more time with the people I care about. The lists seem to go on and on. 

Sadly we can never really go back to our past and correct it so we can have a future free of remorse and guilt no matter how we try. The only way we could make peace with our past is to accept and learn from it, hoping that it will not continue to haunt us and believe that it is never too late to achieve the dreams we thought we have missed. Life has a strange way of rounding things that is why I had learned the hard way not to cry over spilled milk many times and appreciate what life has to offer, looking it like a half filled glass instead of it half empty. Besides, there is so much to gain if you chose to focus on the brighter side of things and hope that a better future is in store ahead of us. 

On a lighter note, if only I am a mutant who has the power to control time and revisit my past, change it so I could save the future then regrets and remorse will not be in my vocabulary. And though at times I feel like I belong to a different world getting lost in a make believe one, I wonder if there were humans who also feel they came from a different genetics. Such thought makes me get carried away and believe they are for real especially if I am watching their stories in the wide screen.

I am referring to none other than one of the most awaited movies of the year. 




Produced by 20th Century Fox and directed by Bryan Singer with a powerhouse cast starting with Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, Anna Paquin, Patrick Stewart, Ian Mckellen, Nicholas Holt, Ellen Page, James McAvoy  &   Michael Fassbender. 






The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in an epic battle that must change the past - to save our future.


Watch how the X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants. Coming this May 21, 2014 to theaters near you.





0 comments:

Post a Comment